We are Hiring! Operations Manager-Nigeria
Operations Manager- Nigeria
Who we are
MarketForce is a fast-growing Kenyan-based company, building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B e-commerce wholesale marketplace, RejaReja, enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store by the nearest distributor, within hours.
The impact you will make
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations for the company ensuring that people, processes and training are aligned to render quality output of goods and services that reflect high standards of operational excellence; by designing a scalable and replicable process that shall be used to expand into new areas and countries.
- Effectively recruit, train and manage a high performing operations team, while conducting regular performance evaluation.
- Diligently and effectively manage operations in Nigeria through continuous improvement of internal systems and processes that promote the company goals, culture and vision.
- Develop team KPIs , reporting system and on ground performance tracking system
- Design and rigorously execute a scalable expansion plan
- Meticulously design route coverage and solutions to ensure last-mile delivery
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly KPI report that highlights areas of improvement along with suggested or implemented solutions
- Design a comprehensive and ongoing team training session that will aid in coaching and motivating an operations team across the countries we operate in.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams: sales, marketing, HR and engineering to ensure operational excellence, customer and partner success.
Reports to Country Manager and Head of Business Nigeria
What this role needs
- A strong strategic and innovative problem solver, who is a people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree-in logistics a plus
- Proven experience in operations, logistics/fleet planning management, development of business strategy and execution, business performance monitoring, building and managing partnerships
- Someone with the willingness to adjust to changing work environments, openly offers ideas and solutions on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team oriented leader who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- An understanding of the startup environment and strong interest in our business
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supportive founding and leadership team
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness.
- Competitive salary and some allowances
- 5 vacation days’ plus off-day on your birthday
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com on or before Friday 10th September 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as OPERATIONS MANAGER-NIGERIA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.