We are hiring! Head of Supply Chain
Who we are
MarketForce is a fast-growing African tech startup headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, we are building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B marketplace app, called RejaReja (Swahili for retail) enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store within hours. Retailers also get to act as agency banking outlets where customers can purchase services like airtime, pay their water & electricity bill and access banking & insurance services.
The impact you will make
MarketForce is looking for a supply chain guru who will be in charge of delivering the best operating infrastructure to procure, store and dispatch all goods moving through our system.
The Head of Supply Chain will be in charge of designing a strong architecture, building and managing an A-team and making sure that processes are executed with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Design Warehouse management framework for operations in Nairobi and Lagos. This also includes procurement and dispatch.
- Design the implementation plan for the framework to start operations and seamlessly execute against it by design routes and solutions to ensure last-mile delivery
- Effectively recruit, train and manage a high performing team, and evaluate their performance regularly by developing KPIs and reporting system to track system performance
- Optimize processes and manage costs of fulfilment while ensuring great customer experience like returns management, logistics and route optimization and planning, delivery process of delivery execution.
- Rigorously and effectively manage operations in Africa through continuous improvement of internal systems and processes that promote the company goals, culture and vision.
- Reporting: Compile daily, weekly and monthly KPI report and highlight area that need improvement
- Leverage customer insights to drive increased supply chain optimization
Reports to Chief Operations Officer
Who we are looking for
- A pleasant and innovative people person, self-motivated, result oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, customer centric ,able to pivot when necessary
- Willingness to adjust to changing work environments, someone who offers ideas on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team oriented individual who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- A coach, trainer and people motivator with the ability to enable collaboration between teams in the countries we operate in
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management/ logistics/ operations or related field
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain in a busy FMCG manufacturing or distribution company
- Great leadership skills with the ability to lead diverse teams in a fast growth, technologically driven business environment
- Have exceptional written and spoken communication skills, proficiency in Google Mail & Apps is preferred
- Have a desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for company stakeholders
What will catch our eye
- An understanding of the startup environment
- Understanding of all business functions such as Operations, Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing and Product.
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights while in possession of strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in building and leading a team
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supportive founding and leadership team
- Empowerment to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Competitive salary and with some allowances
- 5 vacation days’ plus, off-day on your birthday
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to email@example.com on or before Friday 24th August 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.