We are hiring! An Operations Manager
Who we are
MarketForce is a fast-growing African tech startup headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, we are building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B marketplace app, called RejaReja (Swahili for retail) enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store within hours. Retailers also get to act as agency banking outlets where customers can purchase services like airtime, pay their water & electricity bill and access banking & insurance services.
The impact you will make
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations for the company ensuring that people, processes and training are aligned to render quality output of goods and services that reflect high standards of operational excellence; by designing a scalable and replicable process that shall be used to expand into new areas and countries.
- Effectively recruit, train and manage a high performing operations team, while conducting regular performance evaluation.
- Develop team KPIs , reporting system and on ground performance tracking system, perform quality controls and monitor process and production KPIs to ensure increased quality of customer service
- Diligently and effectively manage operations in East-Africa through continuous improvement of internal systems and processes that promote the company goals, culture and vision.
- Design and rigorously execute a scalable expansion plan
- Meticulously design route coverage and solutions to ensure last-mile delivery
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly KPI report that highlights areas of improvement along with suggested or implemented solutions
- Design a comprehensive and ongoing team training session that will aid in coaching and motivating an operations team across the countries we operate in.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams: sales, marketing, HR and engineering to ensure operational excellence, customer and partner success.
Reports to Head of Operations
Who we are looking for
- A strong strategic and innovative problem solver, who is a people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary
- Someone with the willingness to adjust to changing work environments, openly offers ideas and solutions on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team oriented leader who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain management
- Bachelors in Logistics/ Procurement or related field
- An understanding of the startup environment and strong interest in our business
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supportive founding and leadership team
- Empowerment to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Competitive salary and with some allowances
- 5 vacation days’ plus, off-day on your birthday
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 24th August 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as OPERATIONS MANAGER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.