We are Hiring! An Administrative Associate!
MarketForce is a fast-growing Kenyan-based company, building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B e-commerce wholesale marketplace, RejaReja, enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store by the nearest distributor, within hours.
The impact you will make
MarketForce is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude to fill the Admin Associate position.
In this role, you will be one of the first points of contact at the office for staff, guests and clients, you will be a key representative of our brand and company culture to stakeholders, by being polite and professional in person, via phone and via email, a generally helpful and a positive presence at the workplace.
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner, answer general queries and alert the person they have come to see
- Occasional administrative tasks support for the management team.
- Answer and direct calls in an efficient, accurate, professional and pleasant manner.
- Function as a liaison for suppliers/vendors/messengers
- Assist new hires through office orientation
- Collaborate, curate & align with the team bonding committee in creating and executing employee team building activities
- Provide real-time scheduling support by helping the team book meeting rooms in advance when necessary and preventing conflicts
- Verify receipt of deliveries prior to signing vendor delivery notes and maintain an accurate log of daily deliveries.
- Order, restock and maintain adequate inventory of general office and kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Obtain vendor price quotes, prepare purchase requisitions with accompanying justification and vendor scope of works whenever necessary.
- Support and manage the admin staff namely kitchen and cleaning crew
- Ensure the office and work stations are regularly kept clean, ventilated and complaint of company measures on pandemic protocols
- Maintain a tidy reception area and all common areas at all times compliant with Admin SOPs
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of mail and correspondences
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned
Reports to Head of HR and Admin
What we are looking for
- A pleasant and innovative people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary
- Willingness to adjust to changing work environments, someone who offers ideas on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team oriented individual who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- A person who will work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is needed in resolving problems and making routine recommendations while following standard practice and procedure. Normally receives no instructions on routine work.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar or related role
- Degree in Business administration or related field
- Have exceptional written and spoken communication skills, proficiency in Google Mail & Apps is preferred
- Have a desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for company stakeholders
What will catch our eye
- An Understanding of the startup environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in our business
- Prior administrative experience particularly involving managing a team
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supporting management and team
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness.
- Competitive salary and some allowances
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 11th June 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as ADMIN ASSOCIATE.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.