We are hiring! A Talent Associate
Who we are
MarketForce is a fast-growing African tech startup headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, we are building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B marketplace app, called RejaReja (Swahili for retail) enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store within hours. Retailers also get to act as agency banking outlets where customers can purchase services like airtime, pay their water & electricity bill and access banking & insurance services.
The impact you will make
As a first point of contact, you shall be in charge of translating our culture and infusing it in creating fantastic candidate experience throughout the recruitment cycle,creating world-class talent pipeline for our company’s current and future hiring needs while growing excitement within that network about the opportunity
- Own employer branding initiatives and nurturing great candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
- Supporting talent acquisition efforts by designing job descriptions, posting jobs, conducting initial screening, organizing assessments, in-person interviews, ensuring proper reference and background checks are done for shortlisted candidates and managing the offer letter process.Own distribution and communication around open roles with signed off job profiles
- As a Culture Champion you will be tasked with creating strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs that are a fit for culture and role.
- Reviewing incoming applications ,initial screening and shortlisting of candidates using our Applicant Tracking System
- Developing creative outbound candidate sourcing strategy by leveraging a number of communications methods including cold emailing, LinkedIn messaging, etc. and executing the strategy.Innovate and recommend avenues/ channels that will improve candidate search efforts.
- Collaborating with hiring managers to identify staffing needs enabling quarterly and annual forecasting of hiring needs by department
- Manage the on-boarding set up and exit process management
- Perform HR administrative work
Reports to Head of HR and Administration
Who we are looking for
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic recruiting and/or HR principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross function departments and communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- A strong strategic and innovative problem solver, who is a people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary
- Someone with the willingness to adjust to changing work environments, openly offers ideas and solutions on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team player who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- IHRM certification, ongoing or completed
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment, learning and development, training
- Diploma /Bachelors in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- An understanding of the startup environment and strong interest in our business
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supportive founding and leadership team
- Empowerment to live a life of wellbeing and happiness
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Competitive salary and with some allowances
- 5 vacation days’ plus, off-day on your birthday
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 24th August 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as TALENT ASSOCIATE.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.