We are Hiring! A Business Development Manager (Financial Services)!
MarketForce is a fast-growing Kenyan-based, B2B SaaS company, building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
We specialize in field sales and distribution automation for consumer brands in Africa and emerging markets, with the aim of solving the last mile distribution challenge.
The impact you will make
MarketForce is looking for a master at networking with a knack for building and cultivating strong relationships. With great communication and interpersonal skills to fill the Business Development Manager role.
In this role, you’ll identify new business opportunities and acquire new clients in order to generate revenue,while maintaining existing accounts for the MarketForce Product Line (Financial Services industry).To be successful in the role, you must be passionate about the department’s vision and believe in the product.Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the financial services industry.
- Support the HoD in designing, planning, and especially executing the marketing, sales, and customer success strategies and tactics for the MarketForce One business line, in line with the high-level long-term strategy and vision.
- Take over the management of all our current key clients in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Nigeria, in the Financial Services industry, ensuring full customer satisfaction and maximizing client retention, while developing complete understanding of their needs and cultivating solid and trusting relationships between key clients and the company.
- Anticipate key account changes and improvements, be proactive in proposing developments, training sessions, product discovery meetings, and any other client engagements that can help the client to get the best out of our services.
- Manage communication between key clients and internal teams, while ensuring immediate support for incoming client requests, by providing product expertise and collaborating with the product manager and the customer support team.
- Act as project manager for your own client portfolio, by working closely with the MarketForce One product manager to ensure timely delivery for every technical request.
- Meet all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.Handle clients requests for customizations and system integrations, always aligning with the product teams to ensure balance between the clients’ expectations and the overall product roadmap.
- Build a strong sales pipeline in the financial services industry (banks, MFIs, insurance), using different sourcing channels, including own network, LinkedIn and other social media, business associations, industry reports, and more.
- Outbound sales. Reach out to new prospects via a variety of channels, including cold calling, LinkedIn messaging, cold emailing. Identify decision-makers quickly through phone and email prospecting, in order to start the sales process. Understand prospects’ specific challenges and needs and tailor the offer accordingly.
- Inbound sales. Manage all the inbound requests generated by marketing campaigns. Take over all the leads that are generated through marketing channels, including social media, website, email marketing, and more. Manage, nurture, and convert such inbound leads into sales opportunities.
- Generate and qualify sales leads. Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with potential customers via phone, email, telephone conferencing, webinars and face to face meetings, to discover their business needs and develop a positive business relationship.
- Prepare sales pitches, proposals and bids. Perform product demos. Handle leads requests for customizations and system integrations, always aligning with the product teams to ensure balance between the leads expectations and the overall product roadmap. Negotiate and execute contracts.
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and the company while resolving key client issues and complaints, ensuring that all product bugs are solved in the shortest time possible and proactively reaching out to clients on a regular basis to update them on new product developments or make sure they are happy and satisfied while managing communication between key clients and internal teams
- Develop a complete understanding of key account needs by anticipating key account changes and improvements, proactively proposing developments, training sessions, product discovery meetings, and any other client engagements that can help the client to get the best out of our services.
- Maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling to existing MarketForce One clients. Bring in new business from existing clients by up-selling customized features, custom reports, additional training, and other value-added services. Expand revenue by implementing MarketForce One to subsidiaries or client sister companies.
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the HOD.
Reports to Head of Enterprise Sales
What we are looking for
- A quick thinking, proactive and innovative people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible, able to pivot when necessary
- Willingness to adjust to changing work environments, someone who offers ideas on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- An articulate team oriented individual who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one or more of the following:
– Key account management or customer success management, preferably in tech companies selling Saas/B2B software products and/or in the Financial Services industry (especially micro-finance, insurance, credit companies, retail banks)
– In B2B sales or business development, preferably in tech companies offering Saas/B2B software products and/or in the Financial Services industry (especially micro-finance, insurance, credit companies, retail banks)
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Financial Services (especially micro-finance, insurance, credit companies, retail banks) industry is required, either as having worked at a Financial Services company or as having worked for a vendor/partner/supplier of Financial Services companies.
- Degree in Bachelor in Sales and Marketing, or International Business, or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Experience in using a CRM system such as HubSpot or Salesforce is preferred but not required.
- Have exceptional written and spoken communication skills, proficiency in Google Mail & Apps is preferred
What will catch our eye
- An understanding of the startup environment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in managing and directing a sales team and customer success team, preferably in B2B Tech Companies or in the Financial Services space (especially micro-finance, insurance, credit companies, retail banks)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in one or more of the following: project management, sales consultancy, strategy planning and execution.
- Managing and directing includes planning and implementing marketing, sales and customer strategies; setting sales targets, assessing team performance; supporting and leading the team through both daily operations and pivotal changes.
- A person who has a vast network and knowledge of the Financial Services industry in Kenya and Sub-Saharan Africa is strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in our business
Perks you deserve
- Encouraging and supporting management and team
- Participation in ESOP
- Medical cover
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness.
- Competitive salary with some allowances
- Partially remote work environment
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 25th June 2021, 5PM EAT. Clearly indicate the subject line as BDM-FS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.